Saturday 22 August 2020

MAKE IT NOW!


I have a long spiel of a blog about everything I’ve been growing this season not quite finished but in the meantime I just have to share this! 

If there’s one thing you must do before the summer ends get out there and buy yourself a marrow or see if I’ve got one spare and make this tasty dish!

  Salty feta, crunchy pine nuts, onion and my all-time favourite spicy chorizo, paired with  red peppers adding depth and richness,  turn a humble vegetable into something really special.

 As usual I gave things a few tweaks I used diced chorizo instead of sliced as it needed using up and the whole 200 gram pack instead of 150.  I added about 185 grams of feta and just a sprinkling of breadcrumbs and a few less pine nuts as that was all that was left in the bag.  However I was was heavy handed with the frozen coriander as it’s one of our favourite aromatics. 

We scraped all the filling onto just two of the pieces of marrow and froze the others to fill another time.  Mind you I was stuffed to the brim by the time I’d finished eating so maybe I was a little greedy so might tweak again in different ways another time.  (I’m sure the stuffing would work beautifully in courgettes too:) ) I’ve another marrow recipe to try using minced pork ... will let you know if it’s equally delicious . I seem to be acquiring quite a few now  ..... probably just as well as there are five more currently growing and plenty of flowers heralding the possibility of a record harvest this year! 


https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/10/stuffed-marrow

No comments:

Post a Comment