Wednesday 16 August 2017

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY.....





So we have summer chicken traybake from the Waitrose Weekend magazine - but unfortunately we have no balmy weather to go with it. He indoors who needs to be fed is relegated to a jumper with his shorts so things must be bad :(
However the recipe is a good one - chicken breasts, courgettes, tomatoes, leeks and red peppers nestle into tiny grains of orzo pasta its flavour enhanced with red pesto.

Such a simple recipe with so little washing up!  Just a little note on the cooking time though - the recipe suggests 25 minutes, I think I gave it a good hour and stirred it a couple of times too - I added the basil five minutes before serving.  I used two chicken breasts which I diced instead of the mini fillets.  I would also suggest that the recipe would serve three at a pinch rather than four but maybe as I've said before, we just eat too much!


https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/s/summer-chicken-traybake0.A4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment