Monday 17 September 2018

I FEEL GOOD (I KNEW THAT I WOULD!)

 

 So have you got end of season courgettes or spring onions lurking in your fridge?

Well they can be elevated to a new level when you cook this tasty treat created by chef Tom Kerridge.  It’s from a book designed to increase your dopamine, but don’t do what I did and try to increase your dopamine too much  by using 150 grams of blue cheese instead of 100 grams just so I didn’t waste the cheese! and because I've had a lot of bland veggie quiches in my time!

I did however use ordinary shop bought pastry (my usual favourite from Aldi) and I swapped  the cream for milk and added only one of the extra egg yolks- that meant it took longer to set but it still worked just the same.

 The salty cheese was enhanced by the sweetness of the marmalade  ( I used a red onion chutney) and fresh thyme. 
 
 Served with a riotous medley of colourful tomatoes, peppery rocket and new potatoes it’s another recipe that may yet be designed to sway a meat eater but in the meantime I’ll happily increase the feel good chemicals in my brain alone!!
 



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment