Tuesday 15 November 2016

CHICK PEAS!

The word chickpeas somehow got lost in translation during a visit to Italy in the Spring of this year so this recipe is in homage to my Perugian daughter in law.  Jam packed with health enhancing  ingredients it almost resembles a hearty soup so snuggle up in the warm grab a  spoon and slurp to your heart's content.
I can't find the exact link for the Waitrose recipe - there are lots of similar offerings out there - so here are the instructions for the one I made which provided two helpings.
 

I brown three chicken breasts, then add a sliced onion, 100 grams of chorizo  some garlic  and a red chilli from the bush sheltering in my conservatory and cook for 10 minutes.


I add about three quarters of  a tin of tomatoes,  half a tin of chickpeas and 50mls of white wine and allow to reduce for five minutes.
 
Then add 150mls of chicken stock, one large courgette and 200 grams of tinned chickpeas
 
 
and cook for approximately half an hour before adding a good handful of fresh parsley.
 
And of course we had to make two versions, one with chickpeas and one without :)!  Try it out and see which you prefer!
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment