Friday 3 August 2018

YOU SAY SCON, I SAY SCONE!

 
 
He didn't get roast today even the though the hot weather had laid off for a bit - in fact it rained all day and meant we wimped out and didn't go to watch the bikes in Dorking.  I had some mackerel fishcakes all at the ready instead.  So to make up for it thought I'd treat him to these rhubarb drop scones from the Kitchen Garden magazine.  A bit of indulgence with a big blob of clotted cream and hopefully I'm forgiven!  Well only because we can watch Geraint Thomas on the television this evening finally winning the Tour de France!! I'll see if I can stay awake for the whole thing this time! (Sorry that's an in joke between us!)
 
I can't find a link to the recipe so here are the basics:-
Combine 350grams of plain flour with 60 grams of caster sugar , one tablespoon of baking powder, a teaspoon of bicarb and one and half teaspoons of ginger.  Rub in 170 grams of butter (I used marg) and mix in 100 grams of diced rhubarb and 180mls of buttermilk.  Shape into scones.  You should get between 10 and 12.  Cook at 180 degrees (160 fan) for 25 - 30 minutes.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment