Saturday 6 August 2016

SUNNY DELIGHT!


 
 


For an eternity I thought they would never ripen, but now sweet juicy cherry tomatoes tumble and cascade gracefully from the hanging baskets outside the conservatory door.  As I collect them their distinctive scent instantly transports me back fifty years to my Grandpa's little greenhouse at the bottom of his garden where he hid from my Grandma throughout the summer!
Layer the tomatoes in the bottom of a dish with courgettes (sorry they are rearing their head again!) and a touch of thyme from the herb trough.  Stuff succulent chicken breasts with salty goats cheese and encase in crispy bacon and voila! (still got the French influence going here!) you have summer on a plate!
Looking for a perfect partner for this dish?  Still got some of those early new potatoes stashed away?  Parboil them - I usually zap them in the microwave briefly, then drizzle them with healthy rapeseed oil and roast on a high heat.  Nice with a bit of crushed garlic too, but to be honest there is plenty of flavour in the main dish.







http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3925/goats-cheese-and-thyme-stuffed-chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment