Tuesday 30 August 2016

SOME LIKE IT HOT!


Achy tired feet, such a busy day at work! So pleased that not long after I got up this morning I threw another healthy  spicy curry into the slow cooker.  Courgettes, potatoes, onions, chillies and fragrant coriander from the garden join a tin of tomatoes,  carrots, chicken stock, chicken breasts and garlic. A couple of spoonfuls of  lentils help to produce a glorious thick sauce just crying out for nan to be submerged and devoured!
 



The pictures aren't great as enticed by seductive aromas I'd already ravenously commenced eating before I remembered that I had nothing to illustrate this blog with!  It was well worth waiting for the whole day to savour the end result! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't appear to be able to find a link for this recipe but my scrumpled piece of paper tells me that the meal is worth   
two and a half weightwatchers points so this one is great for those of you who are calorie counting! 
 
 You can be flexible with the ingredients, the recipe calls for an aubergine but I've never fancied it would work that well.  The following ingredients makes enough for two good portions and one for the freezer, just play around with it if you have guests.
 
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • one onion
  • 3 medium potatoes
  • one large carrot
  • one large courgette
  • a garlic clove
  • one green chilli
  • one and a half tbsp of medium curry powder
  • couple of tbsp of red lentils
  • 400g tin of tomatoes
  • half a pint of chicken stock
  • fresh coriander to serve
 





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even stopped you mid dinner... must be good

    ReplyDelete