Sunday 16 October 2016

CURLY WURLY


I may be in my fifty eighth year but that doesn't stop me enjoying playing with toys!  I was lucky enough to get a Kitchen Craft spiraliser for my birthday recently and have been having great fun getting to grips with it.  It is early days but last night after work I had fun making some healthy parsnip crisps from a recipe in the book Spiralise Now by Denise Smart.
 
I added one tablespoon of rapeseed oil to the vegetables and rather than sea salt as the  book suggested I used some fresh thyme from the garden.


  I cooked them at 150 degrees for about half an hour turning once and then left them to crisp up in the oven as it cooled down.
 
 
 
A snack that makes you feel quite virtuous!  I'm now looking forward to trying sweet potato with smoked paprika!

On a sweeter note - using a recipe from the book 'Crops in Pots' by Bob Purnell, I then spiralised three ounces of courgette and the same amount  of carrot and added this to a basic sponge mixture with sultanas, ground almonds, mixed spice and orange zest and the resulting buns were incredibly moist and moreish. 

 

I'm thinking playtime in the kitchen  and the garden should be on prescription!

 
 
 
Spiralize Now: 80 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Your Spiraliz (Paperback)








No comments:

Post a Comment